This statement of our privacy practices ("Privacy Statement") applies to www.millerrvinsurance.com and all related sites owned, operated or controlled by Miller Insurance Agency, Inc. (the "Miller Insurance Agency Web Site"), including the web site that you were viewing when you clicked through to this Privacy Statement page. The Miller Insurance Agency Web Site enables you to learn about Miller Insurance Agency, in addition to being an Extranet for the purpose of conducting business with Miller Insurance Agency ("Miller Insurance").
Because we take your privacy seriously, and because we may gather certain types of information about you, your company and other users, we want you to understand the terms and conditions relating to the collection and use of any such information. Our Privacy Statement discloses the types of information we gather and how we use it.
Our primary goal in collecting personal information or other information about you or your company is to provide you with the best and most useful content and services. We collect personally identifiable information when you provide it to us, such as when you register on the Miller Insurance Agency Web Site or when you use millerrvinsurance.com. millerrvinsurance.com may require registration as a condition of use. Once you register with us, you are no longer anonymous to us.
Your Internet browser has a feature called "cookies" which stores small amounts of data on your computer about your visit to the Miller Insurance Agency Web Site. However, cookies tell us nothing about who you are unless you specifically give us personally identifiable information. You do not need to have cookies turned on to visit the Miller Insurance Agency Web Site, although active participation in certain areas of the Miller Insurance Agency Web Site may require cookies. In addition, you may elect not to allow cookies to be collected by selecting certain options on your browser.
(b) Web bugs & servers
We may use electronic images known as Web bugs — sometimes called single-pixel GIFs, transparent GIFs, or clear GIFs — that allow us to track general user traffic patterns. We also automatically receive and record information from our servers and from your browser, including your IP address, the time, and information about the page you requested.
We use tracking technologies in a variety of ways, including:
- Counting return visits to the Miller Insurance Agency Web Site or to sites of our partners
- Accumulating and reporting anonymous, aggregated and statistical information on the Miller Insurance Agency Web Site and millerrvinsurance.com, and their usage
- Determining which features users like best
- Saving your password so you don't have to re-enter it each time you visit the Miller Insurance Agency Web Site or use millerrvinsurance.com
We use information we gather for five general purposes:
- To customize the content you see
- To improve millerrvinsurance.com
- To enhance the user experience on the Miller Insurance Agency Web Site and millerrvinsurance.com
- To fulfill requests for certain products and services
- To send you information you agreed to receive
We may make information available to other companies or people when:
- We have your consent to share the information
- We have engaged companies to work with us or on our behalf to provide a product or service that you have requested
- You use co-branded services. When you use a co-branded service within the Miller Insurance Agency Web Site, you grant us permission to pass your registration information back to our service partners. Their use of your information is subject to their applicable privacy policies.
Users who would rather not provide any of the user data requested by any of our registration processes do not need to register with us. You can still view much of the content and use many of the services offered by the Miller Insurance Agency Web Site without registering.
Comments regarding our Copyright Statement may be sent to us by e-mail or mailed to Miller Insurance Agency at 5805 SW Willow Lane, Lake Oswego, Oregon 97035-5342.
E-mail comments should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Updated October 2007